The reason ur bulking up and not slimming down could be because you are using weights. If you are then you either need to use lighter weights or no weights and change up your workout to do cardio. When you lose the weight you want then you can go back to weights and tone up or build muscle.
In this way, how do I tone without getting bulky?
How to Get Lean And Toned | How To Get Lean Legs Not Bulky
- Light Weights High Reps or Heavy Weights Low Reps. This will help tone the muscles without overexerting them.
- Incorporate Strength Training. You cannot get a lean and toned look without including strength training into your exercise regimen.
Secondly, how can I slim down without gaining muscle?
If you're ready to learn how to lose fat without sacrificing muscle, keep on reading.
- Weight Loss & Fat Loss Are Not The Same.
- Choose Your Diet Wisely.
- Eat Enough Protein.
- Maintain Muscle.
- Reduce Frequency or Intensity.
- Don't Shave Off Too Many Calories.
How do you get bulky if you're skinny?
How to Gain Weight
- Eat More. Eat more calories than your body burns.
- Eat More Meals. Small meals are easier to eat than big ones.
- Eat Caloric Dense Foods. Food high in carbs and/or fats has more calories per serving.
- Eat More Protein.
- Go Liquid.
- Track Calories.
- Lift Heavy.
- Be Consistent.
Why do I feel fatter since I started working out?
The combination of your pumped up muscles, dehydration and overworked muscles might make you feel well toned then, a few hours later, you appear flabbier despite the exercise you know should be making you lean. Your muscles have pumped up but your excess body fat has remained.